Request for Proposals for Nonprofit Bookkeeping/Accounting Services
The Native CDFI Network (NCN) is requesting competitive proposals from qualified firms to
provide bookkeeping and accounting services. Interested parties are invited to submit a proposal
to the point of contact indicated below by Monday, May 20, 2019.
Background on Native CDFI Network
The Native CDFI Network is a coalition formed in 2009 to unify Native CDFIs serving Native
trust land communities, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians. The Network
seeks to create opportunities to share our stories, identify our collective priorities, and strengthen
our industry. In addition, the Native CDFI Network works to ensure that Native peoples are
represented in the national policy dialogue and innovative solutions created by CDFIs are spread
throughout our Native communities.
Proposed Scope of Work: The firm shall perform professional services as follows:
The firm selected will be responsible for providing the following services: Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
• Accounts receivable: receive and record revenue as dictated by IRS guidelines
• Accounts payable: make payments to vendors; prepare annual form 1099 filings
• Maintain costs by program and/or grant designation
• Review staff timesheets and proper grant allocation
• Process tax withholding reporting documents as dictated by IRS guidelines
• Process and enter payroll information into accounting system
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts as well as reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
• Prepare year end reports, schedules and other documents requested by auditor
• Provide audit process support as needed; research and resolve issues as they arise
• Assist with any data or reports requested as part of annual tax returns
Term of Contract
Initial contract will be for 12 months.
Section 1: Company name, primary contact, email, phone.
Section 2: Scope of work and description of services.
Section 3: Firm’s qualifications and summary of previous and similar work for non-profit organizations.
Section 4: Cost proposal.
Section 5. Management resumes and background.
Section 6. Professional references, please provide two references.
NCN may use interviews to further evaluate the proposals. If deemed appropriate, the interviews will be conducted with selected firms or person(s) and should include the project manager.
Submittal of Proposals and Additional Information
Written proposals may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide proposals by 6PM ET Monday, May 20, 2019. Evaluation of the proposals will be by a selection committee.
Question can be directed to Mr. Brossy at 650-387-5899 or email@example.com.